Intelligent Video Surveillance i.e. Safe City / City Surveillance
With surveillance cameras seem to be everywhere today it is becoming increasingly difficult for customers to monitor the never ending flow of video and recognize potential threats or violations.
To help alleviate this problem, D.O.G-Sec is marketing an open architecture operating system for its video servers, making integration of video content analysis algorithms from different vendors possible.
By embedding real time video analysis into the video encoder, operators monitoring the control center are automatically alerted each time one of the cameras detects an abnormal behavior.
Video Analytics works by monitoring a video feed, recognizing and classifying objects in the picture and matching their behavior against a set of predefined rules.
When a rule is violated, the video server alerts the control center ( i.e. Vertex VMS ) and can immediately trigger an action such as sounding an alarm or triggering video recording as well as marking the video using a bounding box to help draw the attention of the operator.
Typical algorithms include:
· Object detection
· Object classification (human, vehicle, other)
· Object crossing a boundary (tripwire)
· Object remaining in certain area (loitering)
· Object removed
· Object left behind
Other more specialized applications include:
· Object counting
· License plate recognition (LPR)
· Face recognition
Real time detection of perimeter intrusion&secure zone breaches:
· Detect breaches of a secure perimeter.
· Detect motion in restricted / sensitive zones.
· Detect unauthorized (tailgating) entry into secure zones.
Identify suspicious activity :
· Detect motion counter to the general traffic flow.
· Detect loitering in areas of interest.
· Detect stopping vehicles in no stopping zones.
· Detect camera blocking or tampering.
· Automatically track the movement of suspicious people and vehicles using PTZ cameras.
· Detect grouping in sensitive areas to avoid potential attacks or threats.
Post event analysis :
· Enable rapid and automated back-tracking in stored video to pinpoint events / behaviors to their origin and thereby better inform law inforcement operations and tactical responses.
· Enable an automated search for events / behaviors / targets to obtain forensic evidence.
Safeguarding assets :
· Detect assets that have been moved or tampered with, like public art.